Thursday, March 9, 2017

We all wanna be a little ‘Wild and Free’


Towards the end of last year, Gretchen, from Life Lived Beautifully, posted all the books she had read last year, the books she wanted to read this year, and the book lists of her LLB team that I think were ‘To Read’ this year. I immediately copied them down to my GoodReads account and told myself, this would be the year that I read more (previously, I haven’t made a lot of time to read books, I preferred the mind numbing Netflix), that I further enrich my walk with God, to read books to help me understand Him and understand the Bible better.

I also thought it would be a great idea, if I involved some good friends of mine who also love to read, and we could go through some of these books together. And the whole thing flopped. I knew some people were going to be out of town, but then when the time came to actually meet up, there were “Oh this came up” “Oh life got busy”. So I ended up just going to dinner with one of the book club crew people, my sister-in-law. My enthusiasm was either more than theirs, or it wasn’t quite the right timing. I’ve been wrestling with this dilemma for a bit now.

As I compose this, God’s put it on my heart:

It’s not the right timing my beloved daughter. I want to take you through some things personally, that would be better rendered if you read the books by yourself. You may share what you learn should I lead you to do so. But I have other plans for your leadership skills. Trust me.

Well. There I go. Thanks God J



Our first book, or my first book that I was tackling was Wild and Free, by Jess Connolly and Hayley Morgan. I definitely had mixed feelings about this book


I read 2 chapters and thought, this book is amazing. I read a third chapter and was beat down, “What is this? Why am I reading it?”, and that’s about the point I had dinner with my sister-in-law. After, I persevered, and then I got SO MUCH out of the rest of the book. SO MUCH that God had for me in that book.
A brief synopsis: We are called to live wild and free as daughters of the King. Wild does not mean haphazard carelessness. Free does not mean to do whatever we please. This book goes through small testimonials of the authors to help paint a picture of this Wild and Free lifestyle we are called to live.
Finishing it was something I’m really glad I did. This will be a book I hold onto, and re-read and lend out to friends who need it. I highly recommend this book, especially if you are feeling a little lackluster and that your fire has dimmed.


What are your reading goals this year? What are you reading through right now? I'd love to read along with you, or read what you're reading next. Comment down below and let me know.


Amen and Amen.






Disclaimer: Links are provided for simple convenience. I have no ties to Amazon, I am not getting paid to promote anything mentioned or any links provided. Amazon is not the only retailer for items, just a site I happen to like and use.

No comments:

Post a Comment