Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Faithful to follow - Stepping into what God has called you to

It's funny how, when you step into the calling Jesus places over your life, the easier it is to do it. Sure there's spiritual attack for it, because the enemy DOES NOT want you to really know and be who you are called to be. (Fitting for Halloween yeah? But this isn't going to be a post about dressing up or not)




I wrote all the time as a kid. You name it, I probably did it: Diary entries, blogs, stories, poems, short stories. Then when I found Jesus, I wrote my prayers, hashed out bible studies (as in like responded to them, not created my own). Then when I had that falling away period, I never really got back into writing.




Just recently, as you may or may not know, I've partnered with Lindsay of The Faith Feast. Our first phone call together was Sunday September 23rd. And she prayed over me before we hung up the phone (Classy ladies we are :) ). She prayed over my writing. And since then, I've been itching to write, to blog again, to talk about what God is teaching me, what I've learned, to continue to share my story in hopes I can help other women who may be struggling.




So if you've been following along, there have been 4 weeks of consistent blogging. Week one was I'm back and how to work for the wonder, not drudge through for the weekend. Week two was being free and not a slave to my Fitbit. Last week was a retreat summary and today, is this one.


Wednesday I felt was a good day to put out content. It's the midweek hump between the rough Mondays and the quick Fridays. It's a little 'speed boost' to refresh you and keep you going through the rest of the week. It may change in the future, as I know Lindsay sends out her newsletters Wednesdays, and I think I'd rather my followers follow us both and get two shots of energy and revival throughout the week on different days, rather than two on the same day.


Anyway, I'm saying all this to say, God gave me creativity, a desire to write (type). My heart craves a novel, but my steps dictate a blog. Maybe in the future I'll summarize the blogs or elaborate and turn it into a book. It's all in God's hands.


My heart and hands also crave paint. I'm a believer in: if you're creative, your outlets and avenues are endless. I'm also a painter, which I guess is a different form of writing.


A few weeks ago, one of my coworkers approached me about being a vendor at an event she is coordinating/facilitating. She originally asked about my doTerra stuff, which I turned down as it wasn't something I'm actively pursuing (I've got quite a bit on my plate), but after a moment of thought, I suggested my art instead. So, I'll be branching out from just posting on Instagram and word of mouthing my business, and having my own table, and being in person out there with my work. What is it you ask? I paint journals and Bibles, even a canvas if you request. I'm in the workings of working with a designer to get a logo made, so stay tuned for that; then business cards made after. The opportunity was given and I believe it's God's will and timing to step forward and use Anchored Aesthetic for his glory.


Being able to translate a compilation of favorites to visual documentation on an item used daily, or as regularly as possible, is something my heart lives for. When it's God centered, I let Him dictate what I'm to paint. Even though I may have a great idea for an elaborate plant, He tells me to paint an ombre of color and the recipient gets chills when she gets. That's my jam, doing His work and making Him and His will visual.


So we'll see what the future holds and what is coming. But that's a little back story for why I'm back and what I'm up to. I'm just thankful that I've been given the gifts I have. I love them and am looking forward to growing them for His Kingdom.


Amen and Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment