Friday, January 27, 2017

With Love, From Bethel


A while ago, some students from Bethel (maybe Bethel, CA? maybe the church is called Bethel? I’m not 100% sure) were suppose to come in to Reno and help serve and minister to the city. A brutal storm came through the pass and delayed their trip. Before we knew about the storm, my husband and I volunteered to host these students. Hosting just means we pick them up when they come in to Reno late on a Friday evening, take them back to our home, let them sleep and then in the morning feed them breakfast and take them back so they can go forth and share the gospel.

They came into town a couple weeks ago, but my husband and I were so busy we couldn’t host them. But this weekend, they’re back again. This time, my husband and I aren’t busy. I’m so excited to be able to serve them by offering up space in our home to sleep and rest before they serve the city of Reno. I’m excited to be able to fellowship with fellow children of the Most High. I’m excited to see what God is going to do having them In the City, For the City.

And, I’m also really excited to cook a nice breakfast for more than just me. My husband is a night owl; he hates mornings and rarely eats breakfast. So when I wake up on the weekends, I usually quietly slip out of bed, tend to the fur babies, and then make a small breakfast for myself. I love him so very much; it’s just been a change of pace for me to not have someone who loves to see the sunrise. I end up usually making toast and coffee, sometimes eggs, sometimes a protein drink. So tomorrow morning, I’ve got plans for waffles, eggs, toast, coffee, fresh fruit and yogurt. So excited to be able to prepare and serve a meal in the morning.
I can't wait to post an update with what goes on in the short amount of time we get to spend with the Bethel students :)

No comments:

Post a Comment