Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Time to answer the phone: Jesus Calling

I love being able to hear other people speak life into people. I love it when they say "I feel God is saying {insert message} to you". It's so cool for me to see people's "Aha!" moments and the little lightbulbs lighting up as things click and register. Sometimes tears are involved, because God is so so good.


But it's recently been cool, because I've been that people, that person? It's been me hearing truths from God through other people. Apparently I haven't listened to His whispers, or have put them off. And He's ready for me to step up, and fully come into what he's called me to.


My sister (well in-law technically, but either you're family or you're not, and she's family twice over, sister by marriage and sister in Christ) Leslie is pretty dang prophetic. The last few times I've talked to her, alone and in a group setting she's had some great revelations about my life. And I'm pretty stoked to put them into action. Same thing with what the Bethel students have spoken into my life. (Side note, they're coming again this weekend, weather permitting, and I'm pretty stoked)


I'm really excited to see what God's going to do with these revelations. Like the home group I'm part of, we are all worshippers and prophetic. Some are both, like my sister Leslie (boy can she sing!). I've been told I've got the calling of prophetic and that it is big in my life. I'm learning to hone that skill and listen to what God is revealing for me to reveal to others.


And last night, Leslie reaffirmed my skills in writing. Writing is what I'm called to do. Writing is a passion. Writing lights me up and I can go for days. I grew up writing stories and illustrating them (with what little talent I had); I grew into poetry in high school and had some work published in an anthology. And then in college and after, it all kind of died off. The intensity of the adult workforce may have jaded me to the creative outlet of hobbies and Godly callings.


So restarting this blog with a new direction and a new focus is going to be my Step 1 into tapping into the gifting God has called me to. I'll be documenting and just revealing how He's growing my testimony. So if you're interested in following along, please do. :) Until the next post...


Amen & Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment